X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cryomaniac
    Swordsman
    • Jan 2022

[Announce] English translation for Gensouband v2.0.0

English translation for new version of the Touhou variant (now known as Gensouband) is ready. Changes from 1.1.95 include spell rebalancing, new floor/chest trap mechanics, monster rebalancing (including a new base final boss replacing Oberon), and a new quest.

Developer's website link:

Developer's Github project:
    変愚蛮怒東方勝手版→幻想蛮怒. Contribute to asamayim/gensoband development by creating an account on GitHub.

Github project link for English version (Windows binary is in Releases):
    English translation for Hengband Touhou Katteban. Contribute to Cryomaniac13/hengband-touhou-katteban-en development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • Cryomaniac
    Swordsman
    • Jan 2022

I don't know how the ladder on this website works, but most likely, it'll require some server-side adjustments to post dumps from this version, since the variant name has changed.

Comment

• clouded
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2012

The monster subwindow isn't being refreshed properly, didn't happen with the last version

Comment

• Cryomaniac
        Swordsman
        • Jan 2022

Originally posted by clouded
        The monster subwindow isn't being refreshed properly, didn't happen with the last version
        That's odd, seems to work fine for me. Are your subwindow options properly set? If you want offscreen monsters to be displayed, is the proper option set to 'on'?

Comment

• Wiwaxia
          Rookie
          • Oct 2013

First of all, thank you for translating this! This looks like an incredible variant, and translating it must have been quite a project given the volume of text.

A couple small issues: the names of the categories of objects are mismatched when looking at known objects or changing visuals (e.g. the category for potions is labeled "lanterns" and the category for scrolls is labeled "staves").
          The game also prints the following errors in the message log and then crashes when trying to scroll down the categories in known objects (but not when scrolling categories of objects when changing visuals)
          Code:
          ERROR: print_spell(realm:74)
          ERROR: print_spell(realm:75)
          ERROR: print_spell(realm:70)
          ERROR: print_spell(realm:47)
          This realm is unimplemented.
          I don't know if that's something you can fix or if it's a problem inherited from the Japanese version, though.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
            Swordsman
            • Jan 2022

I'll take a look; most likely, that's some Englishs parts left that I missed adjusting to new content.

Comment

• clouded
              Swordsman
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Cryomaniac
              That's odd, seems to work fine for me. Are your subwindow options properly set? If you want offscreen monsters to be displayed, is the proper option set to 'on'?
              Default ini, default options, see image (the 'haun' not being cleared)
              Attached Files

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                Swordsman
                • Jan 2022

Okay, I think I fixed the cause; hopefully, it won't make similar refresh bugs resurface in .live version

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                  Swordsman
                  • Jan 2022

Translation for v2.0.1 ready; original version adds 35 new ability cards and new personality Marisa Kirisame. Also, hopefully fixes the bugs mentioned in this thread.

Author homepage:

Translation Github:
                  English translation for Hengband Touhou Katteban. Contribute to Cryomaniac13/hengband-touhou-katteban-en development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

• KiTA
                    Rookie
                    • Oct 2009

I haven't been peeking in here very often, but thank you for keeping this one going; it's a really neat variant and I'm glad to see it keeps getting updated.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                      Swordsman
                      • Jan 2022

Some bad news: OpenSSL connection to Github suddenly started acting up on my end, so I have trouble working with my Github project right now. I'll try at least to distribute new binaries/source archives through ordinary file hosting for the moment.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                        Swordsman
                        • Jan 2022

Still unable to get proper connection Github working; for now, I'm putting my translation binary/source files on Mediafire:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

This is version v2.0.2, which adds new special abilities for some unique classes and adds Tsukasa Kudamaki as a playable class.

Author homepage:

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                          Swordsman
                          • Jan 2022

Okay, I eventually managed to get my connection to Github working, by using SSH key. Updated to v2.0.2 and added a binary release to the translation Github project:

Comment

• AwkwardBirb
                            Rookie
                            • Nov 2022

Not sure if it's a translation bug or something to do with the variant, but I have tried using the Midas Touch mutation on various wands and it crashes the game.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                              Swordsman
                              • Jan 2022

Which item were you trying to transform? I can't immediately reproduce this behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎